This policy tells you about how we use and protect your personal information.
* Our Disclosure of Your Information
* Third Parties
You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on Shopify’s servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
* email address and physical contact information;
* transactional information based on your activities on our sites (such as number and frequency of purchases, and items bought);
* shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
* correspondence sent to us;
* other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
* information from other companies, such as demographic and traffic data.
We will never sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. However, we may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, please send an e-mail to:
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
* provide the services and customer support you request;
* troubleshoot problems;
* prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
* customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
* tell you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers; and
* compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
* Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations or bill collection).
* Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
* Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address and IP address.
* Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
* You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
Your information is stored on Shopify’s servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, hacker safe security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.